6 Effective Ways To Increase Your E-commerce Website Search & Sales
Have you ever noticed, when you search something over the search engine you get the most trusted results of popular eCommerce websites on the first page of Google and then you go through? Have you ever tried to know why the top online shopping websites like Amazon, eBay, Bestbuy, and Target come on top position as a result when you search something like Fashion, Grocery, Automobile Parts, Healthcare products, etc? Whether it is a new online store or a renowned online store, website traffic or website ranking has always been a primary concern for many entrepreneurs. As an entrepreneur, you always think about how to drive maximum traffic and sales at the online store. Increasing website ranking is now easier than before as there are various advanced methods available over the internet that will help you to boost the visibility and popularity of your online store. Moreover, around 8 out of 10 Americans like to do shopping online instead of conventional brick-and-mortar stores. And along with this, the number of online stores is also increasing rapidly. There are plenty of eCommerce websites over the internet that is playing nicely with all online marketing challenges. If you are running an eCommerce website, there’s a number of different tactics you can consider for your eCommerce portal. It will not only help you to obtain new customers but also keep you connected with your old customers.
1. Focus on Your ProductCustomer shopping experience matters for all. Online services that you offer to your end users should be well-specified. As a startup, you need to focus on your product that is an ongoing story that shows your customers that how much you care about them and in return they do the same. Moreover, whether you are managing a virtual storefront or lead generation website- either way, there are many things that you need to address to ensure that your services are helping you touch the desired success and also serving the needs of potential customers visiting it.
2. Optimize Your eCommerce Website For Search EnginesA proper website optimization can help you in many ways as you can turn site visitors into customers. You can also check your conversation rate by using quantitative data like Google Analytics and Sales Trends. It helps in boosting inbound traffic to your eCommerce website. There are two types of optimization such as on-site optimization and off-page optimization. On-site optimization: If you are running a small or large online store, then you need to focus on On-site optimization, including your website content, metadata, and Alt-tags based on keyword research. Off-page optimization: Off-page optimization is all about creating backlinks to your website that refers outside of your own website to improve your ranking. By publishing quality content, articles, blogs and guest blogs, you can drive massive traffic to your eCommerce website.
3. Make it 100% Responsive SiteMake sure your online store is compatible with all devices such as Phone, Desktop, Tablet, and Laptop. Because a customer expects mobile friendly eCommerce websites with clear product information. As per the reports, 70% users use their smartphone to access eCommerce websites. Providing 100% responsive and user-friendly eCommerce website attracts new customers and enhances customers shopping experience.
4. Search Engine OptimizationBeing in the list of top 50 doesn't happen by chance and some regular efforts can do so. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the most important thing when it comes to the website ranking and search. Various top eCommerce websites are also working with SEO, search trends and algorithms to retain website ranking and keyword searches. There are dozens of eCommerce websites over the internet running already with proper SEO and it is hard for newcomers to make their position among them. With step by step process using SEO, you can achieve your desired goal. Make sure each page of your eCommerce has accurate titles, relevant keywords, and meta tags. Don't be happy, this is not the one time deal, either. All these should be regular to stay competitive and relevant. Here are some SEO related terms on which you need to work repeatedly.
- Social media marketing & advertising
- Match URL to titles
- Use long-tail keywords
- Unique meta descriptions that include targeted keywords
- Internal linking between relevant pages
- Use ALT tags on your images
- Unique product description
- Email marketing
- Determine your target keywords
- Use high-quality Photographs
- Blog post with target keywords
5. BloggingBlogging plays an important role in the success of e-Commerce website. Through proper blogging, you can come on the first page of Google. Having impressive blogs with target keywords is quite enough to promote your eCommerce website. To make your blog more engaging, you need to add some flavors to your blog, placing catchy titles, proper sub-heading, relevant keywords, and punctuations. It will keep your website new, drops bounce rate, creates backlinks, and expands complete business growth. To meet the number of audiences, you can share your blog among the top online communities specific to your industry. For instance, if you sell healthcare product (your blog should be related to healthcare and medical industry), you can share your blogs in the health care forums. This will increase the consistency of your website as well as drive sales for your store.
Consider these statistics about blogging:
- The Blogging segment is on the rise in this tech world and will be consistent in the future
- Reports suggested that 70% internet users like to read about trending topics such as Automobile, technology, healthcare, educations, shopping websites, IT services and more.
- Companies that repeatedly post blogs have 97% more inbound links.
- 61% of US consumers have done shopping based on the blogs they read.
- 60% of blog readers consider a company with blogs more reliable and trustworthy.