How To Create A Mobile Dating App Like Tinder
At the end of the day, all we want is to come back home and chill with our partner. But finding love is not easy, especially when all your time is spent working. So how do you meet new people? Well, like everything else dating has become technical too. People use dating apps like Tinder or Bumble to go on dates. Tinder is the most popular dating app globally. It lets you pick a person you like by just swapping, and if he/she does the same, it’s a match. Then, you can chat and go on dates or so on. Undoubtedly, it’s a booming industry and that is why many owners are thinking of getting their own dating app. In this blog, we will learn more about Tinder, and how to build an app like Tinder. Most importantly, we will talk about the cost to develop an app like Tinder. So, if you are looking to create your own dating app, read on.
Some Statistics About The Dating Apps Like Tinder
- A report by statista states that in 2017 the total revenue earned by mobile dating application solutions was $1,389m. Also, it states that by 2021, the revenue will increase to a whopping amount of $154m.
- Other facts regarding dating apps like tinder:
- Annual revenue combined from all dating apps is almost $2 billion. 15% of Americans use dating apps to meet their prospective partners.
- Tinder has over 50 million users worldwide. In the USA, 60% of people use Tinder while it has 10 million daily users.
- The total worth of Tinder is around $1.6 billion.
Tinder- An IntroductionTinder is a location-based, developed by Mike Wigger in October of 2012. It runs on multiple platforms like iOS, Android and Windows. Initially, a few hundred party kids from Los Angeles used the app as a plaything. But later it became a global success. There were a lot of dating apps in the market, but what made it popular was its swiping technique. In Tinder, you see a lot of profiles, and the swiping technique lets you swipe right to the profile you like. For disliking a profile, just swipe left. If both the parties swiped right for each other, you get a match. Then you can privately chat with them and plan meetings and so on. The current number of people using Tinder has increased up to 50 million with almost 1.4 billion swipes every single day. So, why develop a dating app like Tinder? Well, because it’s the most popular dating app out there. To cash in that success, create an app like Tinder but with some unique feature.
Features of a Mobile Dating app like – Tinder
- Video Chat
- Payment gateway
- Facebook/Instagram Connect
- Private chats
- Virtual gifts
- Uploading/Viewing photo
- Real-Time Notifications
- Chat and meet a request
- Block list
- Know who viewed your profile
- Private Photo Albums
- Reporting user
- Chat: Text Messages
- Saying yes or no to people
- Managing members
- Moderating content
- Revenue management
- Menu & Page/Screens Management
- Custom pages
Other advanced features include
SwipeA dating app like Tinder has a swipeable card interface. You also need this as it’s the USP of the app. If not this, you have to create a feature that is equally great. The app updates the list of people based on your geolocation, choice and so on, After that, just swipe right if you like a person or swipe left if you don't.
Real-time ChatYour app must have real-time chat implementation. It will make sure that the chat between users gets updated automatically. It is an important feature as users like to chat before setting up a meeting.
No AdsFor premium users, there is an extra advantage. They can hide the ads or use the app ad-free.
BoostYou have to pay for this feature. It helps you rise above the queue to become the most-desirable candidate. It does this by compromising the ranking algorithms.
SuperlikeSuperlike enhances your chances of matching with someone. You can super like a profile by swiping up on it. A blue star will appear next to their profile if you match with them. Tinder Gold (paid versions) lets you super like five profiles a day while in the free version you get only one.
Rewind buttonWith this feature, you can like a person who you disliked before. It gives them a second chance to match with you. The option is available only for premium versions.
Unlimited swipesIn the free version, you have a limit for swipes. But in the paid version, there are no limits.
Group SwipesWith this feature, you can enable the social mode on. It lets you swipe left or right by forming a group with your friends.
SecurityUser's security is a big concern for the customer and the app owner. Dating apps like Tinder use the Facebook profile as verification so, the chance of having a false profile is less. Also, the admin panel takes various methods to prevent catfish relationships and data leak.
Personalize UX/UIDating app development requires a great and personalize UX. It is because you basically select a person based on their looks. And sometimes you can get stuck, at such time the app's in-built AI helps the user. They send them profiles of users who share the same interests or preferences. They keep analysis of this for times like these only.
How Does A Dating App Like Tinder Make Money?While investing in dating mobile app development going free or paid is totally your choice. If you are sure about the app's success, you can let the user use the app for free. Many top dating apps are free and are still successful. Here are some ways you can make money with your dating app.
- Some paid features
- Sponsored profiles
AdvertisementsJust like Tinder, you can launch your app for free. After some time with ad campaigns, you get great monetary benefits. The ad-campaigns involves display ads, banners, incentives and so on. Also, after a while, an app for people who are willing to pay can be made available. It should have the option to turn off the ads.
SubscriptionsYou can make your app freemium like Tinder. In this form, you develop a separate app for users that pay a monthly subscription. The owners ask for a reasonable amount and also increase the feature of the premium version. A free version also runs for users who don't want to pay. Tinder's freemium version Tinder plus charges a subscription between $9.9- $19.9.
Paid stand-alone featureIn a dating app like Tinder, you can handpick a feature and pay for it. Tinder currently has only one such feature- Boost. It makes your profile visible to everyone nearby by ranking your profile higher. Just like that, you can too have multiple paid stand-alone features. But having such feature would require caution otherwise your revenue bill might suffer.
Sponsored profilesCorporate bodies can partner with dating apps through various programs. And one such program is sponsored profile. It makes advertising easy and also doesn't bother the user much. These are the methods that will help you make money when you choose to invest in dating app development.
Other popular dating appsOther than Tinder, here are some of the other popular dating apps:
- Bumble: The co-founder of Tinder Whitney Wolfie Herd developed the Bumble app. It is one of a kind app where only females can initiate the conversation in a heterosexual match. If the match is between people of the same sex, anyone can initiate the chat. In 2017, the net worth of the app was around $1 billion.
- Zoosk: The Zoosk app promotes a serious relationship between people. It uses an algorithm which runs on Artificial Intelligence. It matches two people based on their choices and preferences. Also, it verifies the contact lists and photos of the user.\
- Happen: Another one of a kind app, Happen connects you with people whom you already met somewhere. Whether on streets or cafe or concert, you can find them using this app. It is a location-based app, and your GPS must be on for finding people.
- Coffee Meets Bagel: It is a premium app that provides high standard matches. It pre-selects the matches based on profile, search, and chat and so on. Also, it has a separate feature for the LGBTQ community.
How much it cost to develop an app like Tinder?The cost of developing a dating app like Tinder depends on:
- The features it has- basic, moderate or advanced features.
- The number of members in your development team and their experience.
- The choice of your platform- iOS dating app or Android dating app or both.
- The region or country from where your development team is.
Cost of dating mobile app development according to various regions are:
- In India, the cost will be around $8000- $30000
- In the US or Western Europe, the cost will be around $42,000 or more.
- In Eastern Europe, the hours spent on developing a dating app is $30/hour. This makes the total estimation of cost around $25000.