14 Web Designer Skills You Must Have in 2019
From selling products to voicing their words through blogs, everyone is launching their websites. But it will only work when it has a fabulous design and great content. No one likes a dull site, which has led to an increase in demand for web designers and developers. Developing and designing both are important aspects of the website. To make sure that your website is on top or to thrive in the competition, a web designer needs to have some unique skills. So, whether looking to hire a web designer or planning to become one, knowing about these skills is important for you. In this blog, we will talk about 14 skills divided into professional, technical and soft that a web designer must definitely have.
What is a web designer?A Web designer is the person who develops content for the Web. It is mainly about styling and giving layout to pages with content, text, and images.
General skills expected from a web developer
- Proof of work experience.
- A web designer must also be a graphic designer with some portfolio for the same.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other tools.
- They should have experience and knowledge about Agile/Scrum development process.
- Must have the know-how to solve problems quickly.
- The designer should always keep an eye on the latest web trends, technologies and so on.
Professional skills for a web designer
1. Tools for designing the websiteA creative person uses a variety of tools to accomplish the desired job. As a web designer, you need to learn many designing software to create a dynamic website. It’s true that websites can be designed even in a browser, but knowing Photoshop, Sketch and more helps in image processing which makes your work more efficient.
- PS (Photoshop)- As read above, it can image process. It is one of the most powerful tools used by web and graphic designers.
- AI (Adobe Illustrator): It is a great vector graphics processing tool. It is used for designing font, graphics, and product packaging design and more.
- AE (Adobe After Effects): It is a software for processing graphics video. It is powerful and complicated and a pro version of Photoshop.