How To Migrate Magento 1 To Magento 2? Easy Steps
Are you having your own online store? If yes, then what platform it is built on? Magento is it? Yes, then you must have given it a thought about migrating from Magento1 to Magento2 which is the latest Magento version running around.
Migration is not a daily process and not in a single person hand. You need to know about the process and how to migrate your store from Magento1 to Magento2. If you don’t know how to do it then you must research and reach out to the right people for the job.
Magento Migration is required these days as the Magento services are stopped for Magento1 and it won’t get any updates. As they quoted” The official Support for the Magento1.x version will stop after 2020.” Magento2, on the other hand, is advanced and is packed up with many functionalities and features.
One interesting fact about the website running these days is: More than 250’000 sites use Magento, but the only 11k of them runs on Magento2.
If you think you are alone then you are not there are many people out there whose websites are running on the older platform like Magento1.x.
Read this blog…. And you will get to know the process of Migrating from Magento1 to Magento2.
Ah, let’s talk about Why Migrate from Magento1 to Magneto2?
Well everyone out there wants to be updated not outdated.
There are still some factors which can convince you than that quote I just typed up:
- Well you see, Magento has stopped introducing any updates in its version 1.x
- Also, the changes will be repeated in the Magento2 version whenever you will try to or choose to upgrade
- Magento2 provides better results, enhance the site performance, and provides different multichannel e-commerce experience.
What you should keep in mind before the Magento Migration Process?
Well, before you move on to the Magento migration process there are some points that you must consider:
- You should review your site and analyze what is to be kept and removed from it before migration to Magento2.
- You have to make sure that you create a full backup of your Magento1 store and keep the database, files, and folder safe.
- Well, you got to avoid the use of a live database during the migration process. You can transfer the data from the cloned database of the Mageto1 store.
- Check the current extensions, custom code, and themes which are compatible with the Magento2.
Steps you should follow to Migrate from Magento1 to Magento2 in some easy steps:
1. Theme Migration
2. Extension Migration
3. Customization Migration using the Code Migration Tool
4. Data Migration using the Data Migration Tool
Step 1: Theme Migration
To get on with the first step of the migration process you have to check whether the theme you have on Magento1 is compatible on Magento2 or not.
If it’s compatible with the version 2.x then you can install the same theme in the Magento2. This will make the Migration Process a lot easier for you
If the theme is not compatible then you can create a custom theme in Magento 2 or buy and install a Magento 2 theme from the Magento Store or Marketplace.
Step 2: Extension Migration
- Again the process is same you got to check if the extension you had in Magento1 is working in Magento2 or if it is compatible with the Magento2.x version.
- If it is compatible with the Magento2 version than you can integrate the same extension in the Magento2
- If not then you might need to add new extensions in Magento2
Step 3: Customization Using code Migration Tool
- Magento 2 Customization can be done using a Code Migration Tool.
- It can enormously decrease the work involved in the code migration
- Well after running the toolkit, you might need to edit some of the generated files manually
Step 4: Data Migration Using Data Migration Tool
- Well this is the final step of the Magento Migration process in which you can migrate your data from Magento 1 to Magneto 2
- You can use the data migration tool to migrate your data from Magento1 to Magento2 for a smooth migration process.
- With the help of this migration tool, you can migrate all your useful data through this tool.
Wrapping it up here, well
There are more step involved in the process though can’t cover it all for you in a single blog. For that, you got to visit the Magento website. Well, this is the main process that you should follow and keep things in mind when you are about to Migrate from Magento1 to Magento2. You need to reach the right people for the process if you don’t know a bit about the Magento Migration. Hire the Magento Developers for the migration process.